Saturday, June 6, 2009

THe Star Fairy continues




The project continues!!! After clearing up some snags in the project we reached some agreement. Hahaha... the author really did no research and ummm didn't realize that illustrating is well LABOR. So I cut him a deal... I'll still be not really getting anything but at least supplies will be covered. I'm going to take it as a gig for exposure. I know some people actually make deals like that to get popular. I wasn't going to take the gig after finding out that he couldn't afford services but I sort of feel like this could be the book that helps my name get out there so that one day I could be a successful artist and live off of my freelance work. So the book project will commence with just a little delay. Here are some ROUGH sketches of the book just to show you the stage I'm currently at. I've made ROUGH sketches of the book to note the placement and event in each illustration. I have lots of things to work out but again it's really just to direct me... like notes and such... but visual notes. Now I'm not going to show them all just ones that are closer to cleaned up and to give you an idea of what's going on. And yes I rough sketch in colored pencil... hehe I don't know why... It's not as easy to work with as pen or pencil... but I can see the layers of work in the sketches with the different colors I use. Well back to work.... 

2 comments:

Joyce said...

Wow the sketches look really good!

SAMROMAGE said...

Thanks :D