Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Behind the paintbrush- "The Star Fairy"




So a few people know that I was recently contacted to illustrate a children's book (this will be my first published book). I've worked on some but haven't been published yet so this is pretty exciting. YAY! I thought I'd share some of what I've been working on. Here are a few sketches I've done (pretty much reference sketches and character studies).

The book is called "The Star Fairy" written by Chris Zuschlag. I don't want to spoil any secrets just yet... :P so I'll just say that it's about a girl who works hard and is granted her wish. Without further ado... here is a sketch of Thyme Robin (a girl from Colorado... that enjoys working in her garden), the Star Fairy (a fairy of human size and who lives on the moon), and some plant studies for the different types of fairies that are in the book as well. Thyme has a hat when she's in her flight form but I haven't decided on how it will look; but here are some sketches... feel free to tell me what you think... more soon to come.

No comments: