Monday, April 20, 2009

Le Sigh

So I turn 25 this year (5 months actually)... and sort of feel a bit stuck. I know that's a bit away but honestly, I've been losing the concept of time and day. My brain seems to just follow a ghosted routine to the point where all it knows is 5 days 9/5... 2 days off. So it tends to go a lot faster than I think.

I know I'm doing "okay" career wise for my age. Like my day job is as a designers which makes the bills, and I just started working with a client on illustrating a book so I have an illustration thing going. 

It just seems like the difference between office hours and after hours go at entirely different speeds. So I feel like I never get anything done and always have something to do. So time balancing feels like it doesn't exist at all; and there are things I want to do... have fun and stuff but it seems to completely escape me. Sometimes it's like I see no progress so I feel as though I have 70 years of just this. I really want more than just this but I don't know what to do and can't manipulate time and existence.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh, I totally know how you feel. :) I turned 25 this past December and I was DREADING it like no other. Although it seems like you're always busy with the list of never ending things you have to/want to do, sometimes it's good to take an entire day or even a weekend to just stop everything and do that ONE thing you've been wanting to do. At one point, I felt like I was losing touch with myself because my list of things seemed to only be growing... but I decided to take a few days off and go visit my family and relax. :) It helped reset myself physically and emotionally and prepared for the next obstacle/project I needed to complete. I don't know if that helps. :P

SAMROMAGE said...

Awwww... thanks. Yeah it did. It's even just great to know that others have or are going through the same thing.